Design Architect : Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates PC
Owner/Developer : Gale International Korea
Floors/Height : 308m
Building Use : Commercial
Status : Built
Location : Seoul, South Korea
- Northeast Asia Trade Tower (NEATT), located in Incheon, Korea, is an approximately 650,000 square foot of commercial office, five-star hotels and high-end serviced extended stay hotels. It also features a sky observation lounge from where one can view some of the most amazing views in Korea.
- The tower façade is a unitized curtain wall system that adapts an open-joint system at all areas. Predominantly a glass wall, the vision area which uses low-E coated insulated glass units is structurally-glazed on vertical sides and metal-capped on the horizontal sides. The spandrel area is an open-joint patterned aluminum panel.
- The building façade is accentuated horizontally by a series of continuously up-lighted round-shaped bullnoses. These bullnoses act as sunshades during the day and up-light during the night. The design and profile of the bullnoses where driven, not only by aesthetics, but also by functionality and its effectiveness to mitigate such factors like build-up (and/or ponding) of excessive snow and water during the wet season.
- Due to Korea’s extreme temperatures, the tower façade uses a thermally-broken system to prevent the excessive heat or cold from the exterior from entering the interior of the building.
- The hotel and office lobbies at the ground level are clear glass walls accentuated by stainless steel-cladded tapering canopy mounted on a stone-cladded pedestal at both of its ends.
- The curtain wall system includes all wall framings, supports, doors, operable windows and hardwares, glass, glazing sealants, glass and metal louvers, back pans, stainless steel flashings, insulation, fire and smoke seals, anchors and brackets, light fixtures, ironmongery and all other components to complete the system and its installation.
- The aluminum framing finished surface exposed to view under outdoor and indoor circumstances have a factory applied PVDF and powder coating respectively.